About the Library Card
Readers aged 14 and above are qualified to apply for a library card.
Library card with different functions will entitle its holders to different services*. These functions can be added or removed from the card upon application.
* Unregistered readers can visit Self-Service Room (GF), Computer Learning Room (GF), Books Exhibition Hall (3F), Manuscript Library (3F), UN Depository Reading Area (4F).
* Appointment should be made beforehand at Counter for Close-Stack Books (1F) for usage of Permanent Storages. Confirmation will be made within a week.
· Each reader can apply for one card only
· An application form should be filled in whereas:
ˇ readers aged 14-16 are required to show his/her household register
ˇ readers aged 16 or above are required to show a valid ID such as ID card, driving license and military ID
ˇ foreign readers can apply with passports*
* For non-Shanghai natives, a long-term residential certificate is necessary for the application of 'Reference Lending' card.
· Opening Hours of Registration Centre (1F, opposite to the Information Desk):
08:30~16:30 (Sunday-Saturday); 09:00~15:30 (National Holidays). Tel: +86.21.64455555 ext. 2101, 2102'
4、Card Renewal/ Replacement/ Cancellation
· Card should be renewed on a yearly basis with payment of the annual fee.
· Replacement of a lost/damaged card costs RMB10.
· Deposits will be refunded upon cancellation but such refund can only be handled in the very libraries that issue the card.
5、Usage of Library Card
· Card is restricted to the usage of its owner only.
· Please produce the card upon entering the reading room or/and lending books.
· Card with 'General Lending' function entitles to a maximum loan of 5 books at a time.
· Card with 'Reference Lending' function entitles to a maximum loan of 5 books at a time.
· Renewal can be realized online or on site prior to the due date.
· A fee will be fined for overdue books.
· Book should be returned to where it is loaned.
· Books can be returned around the clock.